Synthetic Sports Surfaces
Synthetic Sports Surfaces
Most sports are now played on synthetic or artificial sports surfaces at both competitive and recreational levels. 3G rubber-filled sports pitches have transformed the availability, durability, and accessibility of football and rugby facilities for school and community user groups across the country.
Hockey, netball, basketball, and athletics are almost exclusively played on synthetic surfaces at a competitive level, and other sports such as tennis, volleyball, cricket, and badminton have also benefitted from the development in sports surface technology.
Choice of Synthetic Surface
- 3G (Third Generation)
- A 3G pitch is an artificial grass surface with an infill system of sand and rubber crumb: primarily designed for football and rugby. » Third Generation surfaces
- Specialist synthetic surface with a reduced sand infill so that play takes place on the actual turf, not sand. Ideal for hockey and suitable for many other sports. » Sand-dressed surfaces
- The orginal 'astroturf' surface: ideal for multi-use facilities, can cater for hockey, tennis, netball, basketball, football and a range of other sports. » Sand-filled surfaces
- The top-specification hockey surface, used for international and top-level competitve hockey. Play takes place on the turf directy, with an 'infill' of water to speed up ball roll. » Water-based surfaces
- A textured rubber sports surface ideal for athletics tracks, and long and triple jump sprints. Polymeric is also an option for multi-use games areas and some courts. » Polymeric surfaces
- An economical and extremely durable surface: ideal for netball and good for basketball, tennis and many other sports and activities. Can also be sprayed with acrylic to enhance performance. » Tarmac surfaces
What Blakedown offer...
Blakedown Sport & Play is one of the most well-known names in synthetic sports surface construction. We offer the complete, in-house, design and build service for any type of synthetic sports surface or natural grass facility.
From the ground up, we take care of the earthworks, base construction, drainage system, installation of the playing surface, ancillary works such as fencing and floodlighting, as well as landscaping, spectator facilities, player changing facilities and maintenance.
Blakedown Sport & Play Ltd.
Apollo Office Park, Ironstone Lane
Tel: 01295 738238
Fax: 01295 738338
Tel: 01295 738238Email Us Blakedown Sport & Play Ltd. | Established 1968 | Copyright © 2017 | All rights reserved